Friday Finds: 5 Things We Love
A few of our favorite picks to kickoff your weekend…
1. People’s Pops :: who doesn’t love a refreshing popsicle in 90 degree weather? People’s Pops combines the freshest of fruits and seasonal ingredients provided by local farmers for a killer-tasting summertime (or anytime) treat. Checkout their space in Chelsea Market and on the Highline. If they’ve got it, try the sour cherry-plum…seriously to die for.
2. Rick’s Picks :: because pickles are just plain cool and Rick get his goods from local farms. yup, we’re big on community support.
3. Claudia Pearson’s summer tote :: so adorable and absolutely perfect for shopping at the greenmarket. love that Claudia’s totes (and dish towels) feature seasonal produce – winter, spring, summer and fall. finds her goods and other fun items like seasonal coloring books at The Hester Fair on Saturdays and Sundays.
4. Summer peaches! :: because they’re bursting with flavor right now and are great for a quick, light and juicy summer snack. grab em at your local farmers market and get creative. i just whipped up a batch of fresh peach-basil frozen yogurt earlier this week. don’t worry, recipe is on it’s way.
5. Jill Malek :: Brooklyn-based designer and wallpaper-queen. Jill’s graphic prints are incredible and she’s branched out to fabulous printed yoga mats.
*and to sign-off this week on a charitable note, check out this Monday night’s “Food for Thought, Captain to Captain” dinner in support of The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s Gulf Coast Oil Spill Fund, supporting fishermen and their families. Feast on NOLA fare by Chef Brent Sims of The Green Table and Chef Emilio Fujimoto and Pastry Chef Gabi Ladson of The Cleaver Company. Purchase tickets here.
632 Hudson St.
New York, NY 10011
Marissa’s new book, The Cheater’s Diet is now in bookstores everywhere ! Find out where to get a copy or order it for your Kindle at cheatersdietbook.com. Become a fan on Facebook for more sneaky tips, tactics and recipes. Happy reading…life is too short not to start cheating!