10 Benefits of Sexual Satisfaction For Women (And Why You Might Be Missing Out)
Hormonal imbalances impact many systems in the body, but symptoms usually show up as menstrual and gynecological health concerns. Thus, it is impossible to fully address hormonal health without talking about the healthy function of the sex organs. While medicinal foods are Laughing Sage Wellness’ primary tool for healing the body, the health benefits of regular orgasm in regulating women’s hormonal systems are so great that we always check in with our clients to make sure they understand the importance of a satisfying sex life. Plus, we have a created an advanced program for clients who want to focus on creating supportive relationships, building deeper intimacy with their partners, and improving sexual vitality.
“Does sex really impact my overall health?” you ask.
It does! And here’s how:
Top Ten Health Benefits of Sexual Satisfaction for Women:
1. Improves the circulation to organs in the pelvic cavity, the delivering nutrients, the growth of healthy tissues and the regulation of your menstrual cycle. Women who have intercourse at least once a week are more likely to have normal menstrual cycles than women who are celibate or who have infrequent sex.
2. Increases fertility and sense of wellness by energizing your hypothalamus gland, which regulates appetite, body temperature, emotions, and the pituitary gland, which in turn regulates the release of reproductive hormones that induce ovulation and cervical fluid.
3. Provides overall lymphatic massage, helping your body’s natural detoxification process to improve digestion and mood and help prevent cancer.
4. Promotes healthy estrogen levels to keep vaginal tissues supple and protect against osteoporosis and heart disease.
5. Induces deep relaxation by boosting endorphin levels and flushing cortisol (an inflammatory hormone released by the adrenal glands) out of the body.
6. Spikes DHEA levels in the body. DHEA hormone improves brain function, balances the immune system, helps maintain and repair tissue, and promotes healthy skin.
7. Helps you look younger–studies show making love three times a week in a stress free relationship can make you look 10 years younger.
8. Boosts immune system up to 20%–helps fight colds and flu!
9. Cures migraines and helps treat other types of pain by elevating pain thresholds (a bonus when preparing for childbirth!)
10. Increases levels of the hormone oxytocin, which is linked to passion, intuition, and social skills–the hormone of bonding and success!
If you are missing out on these amazing perks, it’s time to investigate the reasons why.
Stress is a major cause of decreased libido. Added stress puts strain on our adrenals, those thumb-sized glands that sit right above our kidneys and kick in to help our body combat stress. The adrenal glands also secrete the hormones necessary to keep your libido intact. When overworked from being in a constant state of stress and alert, the last thing your body wants to do is have sex or procreate.
Aside from low libido, here are some other signs that you might be suffering with adrenal exhaustion:
- difficulty waking up in the morning
- insomnia or difficulty falling asleep
- relying on caffeine and/or sweets to keep you going
- getting sick easily, low immunity
Sound like you?
If so, you’ll want to be taking extra good care of yourself this summer to de-stress and recharge your tired adrenals. It’s important to make sure you’re supporting your body with the proper medicinal foods and supplements. Ensure you are getting the proper guidance and support.
Top Photo: Flickr