HealthyStyleNY Contributor: Vanessa Alfano
Profile: Vanessa Alfano is the Founder of HealthyStyleNY.com. She developed HSNY after being confronted with the question “What is your passion?” A former features reporter for Fox5’s Good Day NY and on-air correspondent for CBS2, Vanessa has learned that balance and health need to stand at the forefront to be truly successful in life. Vanessa is no stranger to healthy living. Raised by a mother who made her own organic baby food and introduced her to yoga, Vanessa had the value of good health instilled in her early. Growing up on Long Island she lived an active lifestyle, but it was not until she moved to Manhattan and worked in the demanding media world that she realized how essential taking care of herself and leading a life of balance was. Vanessa brings her knowledge of the big city to the pages of HSNY. Aside from living in Manhattan for nearly a decade, Vanessa’s work experience at several of the city’s top news affiliates had her involved in all things NY. At WCBS she got her first taste of covering real NY headlines. That’s also where she started doing what she enjoyed, fitness and community stories. Next she moved over to Fox5’s Good Day NY where she worked as a features reporter, and got involved in all that was happening around town. Vanessa now looks to use her personal and professional experience to help all the NYC Girls grab onto the things that are good for them! With HSNY she seeks to inform and empower women, and hopes all will see the huge benefits of a living a healthy lifestyle. She truly believes that the most beautiful style, is a healthy style.
Posts by Vanessa Alfano:
- V’s Corner: Yoga Teacher Training Week One (hola from Mexico!)
- V’s Corner: I’m Headed To Yoga Teacher Training (and an essential tip for the new yogi)!
- V’s Corner: I’m Headed To Yoga Teacher Training! (and an essential tip for the new yogi)
- City Escape: Islamorada’s Cheeca Lodge
- City Escape: Canyon Ranch Tucson
- MommyStyle: Mirror, Mirror Two Feet Tall….
- Mindful Eating: 5 Easy Steps To Start
- Lena Latin Grill : Fast, Flavorful, & Healthy!
- Static, Dry Scalp, & Limp Tresses Have You Down? Insider Advice From NYC Stylist Angelo David.
- City Escapes: Get Me To The Pumpkins, Apples, Wine, & Foliage!